The AFL Grand Final long weekend is fast approaching and whether you are a fan of the game or not, we all get a day off (yay!), so we thought we would let you know our top 10 things to do in Fitzroy this long weekend!
Fitzroy is one of those suburbs where you can actually spend a full day shopping, eating and drinking. We have you covered from brunch to dancing! So read on below and we will see you in store for a spritz! 😍
***Please check in with the business websites to check their opening hours this long weekend. We cannot guarantee they will be open.
- First things first, brunch! Chilli Scramble, Smashed Avo or Ricotta Hot Cakes anyone? Head to Alimentari for breakfast and coffee to start your day off right! The delicatessen turned cafe has been feeding the locals of Fitzroy for over 20 years. Their food is delicious and most days you will find Jade & Jess there grabbing their lunch (please bring back the Kale Caesar guys!!) 😉
- Now for a spot of shopping…Pop into Lore (of course!) for a complete sensory experience! Pick up a new perfume for spring and enjoy one of our signature fragrance consultations! Pick up a new candle for your home, some skincare and body care products, or find a beautiful new homewares piece! We have over 1000 niche products from around the world!
- Head to Yesteryear for some vintage threads! The store is jam packed with clothing and accessories from years gone by – sourced from around the globe you are sure to find something unique and also helping the planet at the same time!
- Visit The Rose Street Market (only open Saturday and Sunday) – an artist and design market right in the heart of Fitzroy! You’ll find Melbourne’s best art and design talent here with over 120 creatives showcased, go and meet the makers!
- Visit the beautiful Alice and co at Edgeley and pick up one of her signature catsuits! 🐆
- Feeling peckish?? You cannot go to Fitzroy without stopping into LUNE and trying one of their famous croissants! 🥐
- Record shopping at Polyester. Browse the shelves for some new vinyl…and pop out into their beer garden for a sneaky afternoon beer! 🍻
- Pasta for dinner…YES PLEASE! 🍝 Head to Marios for the best bowl of pasta ever! For those of you that don’t know, Marios is a Fitzroy institution and has been around since 1986! The food is delicious, amazing coffee and the staff are all fantastic!
- Drinks at Shady Lady…frozen margaritas anyone?
- Finish the night off with some dancing at The Lame Duck. Dance the night away to disco dazzling retro tunes! 💃