Discover Matiere Premiere’s entire collection with this Sample Coffret.
Contains 10 x 1.5ml sprays:
• Crystal Saffron – The comfortable brightness of saffron
• Radical Rose – An overdose of rose absolute
• Falcon Leather – A leathery scent inspired by falconers’ gloves
• French Flower – The intoxicating smell of a tuberose field at night
• Parisian Musc – A woody musk
• Encens Suave – A black incense, addictive and carnal
• Santal Austral – A sensual white wood
• Bois d’Ebène – A dark ambery wood
• Neroli Oranger – A work around the purity of orange blossom
• Cologne Cédrat – A citrus that lasts
ABOUT THE BRAND
Debuted in 2019, Matiere Premiere (or “Raw Materials” in French) is the work of renowned nose and master perfumer, Aurélien Guichard.
The core objective of the Matiere Premiere range is to put a spotlight on some of the most precious fragrance materials from around the world, and to hero the beauty and elegance of a single note fragrance.
A 7th generation perfumer born in Grasse (arguably the perfume capital of the world), Aurélien Guichard has a passion for fragrance running through his veins. He has been the nose behind nearly one hundred fragrances and has worked with brands such as Givenchy, Narcisco Rodriguez, Gucci and Commes de Garcons.
Guichard is also the owner of an organic farm where he produces Rose Centifolia and Tuberose, some of which is used in the Matiere Premiere line, making it one of the only brands in the world to own and produce some of the raw materials used in their fragrances.
“Growing our own rose is a way to reconnect with the essence of the work of a perfumer – creating the fragrance itself, but also supervising the quality and production methods of the raw material” – Aurélien Guichard.
Matiere Premiere is all about honouring the beauty and sophistication that lies in simplicity – one raw material can contain a plethora of olfactory facets ripe for exploration and interpretation.