Acids, Stem Cells & Peptides might all sound a bit scary but trust us, your skin loves them! Shed dull and damaged skin with the Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum. Mother Nature & modern science unite to reduce the appearance of skin discolouration & wrinkles in this serum. We love a good exfoliating serum and have a hard time choosing between this one and the Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum, mixing retinoids with alpha-hydroxy acids can be very irritating for many people as both ingredients essentially exfoliate the skin so we don’t recommend using both at the same time. You can however alternative between this and other exfoliating serums.
Differing to traditional exfoliants and scrubs where you have to manually scrub away dead skin cells, exfoliating serums do all the work for you, basically while you are sleeping! This is essential for good skin health. Shedding those layers of dead skin cells, dirt, grime and makeup that are missed during cleansing do wonders for the skin allowing actives and antioxidants to penetrate deeper into the skins layers, leaving glowing skin!
Apply this product after cleansing/toning and before any oils and creams. We always recommend starting slow with any active serums as some people can be sensitive. So start out using once a week and work up to nightly. It is normal to feel some tingling sensation but if irritation occurs stop immediately. Always wear sun protection when you use any retinoids or acids.
NO NASTIES / VEGAN / CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE / GMO FREE / BPA FREE PACKAGING
- Glycolic Acid – Derived from sugar cane and regarded as the most effective of the alpha hydroxy acid family due to its smaller molecular size, glycolic acid is amazing at exfoliating, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration & age spots.
- Lactic Acid – Derived from fermented beet sugar & another member of the alpha hydroxy acid family, lactic acid exfoliates, reducing the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration while hydrating & moisturising.
- Apple Stem Cells (PhytoCellTec®) – Works to reduce the appearance of age related deterioration of the skin.
- Gigawhite – A blend of 6 organically grown alpine plants that have a dramatic brightening & evening effect on skin tone.
- Matrixyl Synthe ‘6 – The newest member to the Matrixyl family of peptides, Matrixyl Synthe ‘6 works to naturally smooth the skin & reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate has much better skin penetrability than HA alone. Sodium hyaluronate works to plump up the skin, giving you back that youthful, full look.
- White Tea – Strong antioxidant works to neutralise aging free radicals and inhibit photoaging. Goji Berry – Super-antioxidant berry rich in amino acids, minerals, beta carotene and vitamins C, E, B1, B2 & B6.
- Ceramide – Provides a thin, lipid layer of protection over the skin that aids in moisture retention.
Most skin types especially ageing, damaged skin.
We love how jam packed this serum is with advanced skin-loving ingredients! It goes on like a dream, absorbs instantly and leaves our skin feeling and looking amazing!