Shed dull and damaged skin, reduce discolouration and the appearance of wrinkles with this Mad Hippie AHA Exfoliating Peel. Acids, Stem Cells & Peptides might all sound a bit scary but trust us, your skin loves them!
Shedding dead skin, dirt, grime and makeup missed during cleansing is essential for good skin health. With traditional exfoliants you’re the one doing all the work to manually scrub at your skin, whereas with exfoliating serums/peels, the exfoliation is done for you, while you’re sleeping! Peels/serums allow actives and antioxidants to penetrate deeper into the skin’s layers, leaving behind glowing, healthy skin.
Apply this product after cleansing/toning and before any oils and creams. We always recommend starting slow with any active serums, especially if your skin is on the sensitive side. So, start out using this once a week and work up to nightly if your skin seems like it can handle it. It’s normal to feel a bit of a tingling sensation after application, but if irritation occurs stop immediately. Remember the golden rule of skincare: always wear sun protection when using any retinoids or acids!
We love a good exfoliating serum, and have a hard time choosing between this one and the Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum, but please note: mixing retinoids with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) can irritate the skin as both ingredients essentially chemically exfoliate, so we don’t recommend using both at the same time. You can however alternative between this and other exfoliating serums.
NO NASTIES / VEGAN / CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE / GMO FREE / BPA FREE PACKAGING
- Glycolic Acid – Derived from sugar cane, this is regarded as the most effective of the alpha-hydroxy acid family due to its smaller molecular size which aids in absorption. Glycolic acid is amazing at exfoliating, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration & age spots.
- Lactic Acid – Derived from fermented beet sugar & another member of the alpha-hydroxy acid family, lactic acid exfoliates, reducing the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration while simultaneously hydrating & moisturising.
- Apple Stem Cells (PhytoCellTec®) – Work to reduce the appearance of age-related deterioration of the skin.
- Gigawhite – A blend of 6 organically grown alpine plants that have a dramatic brightening & evening effect on skin tone.
- Matrixyl Synthe ‘6 – The newest member to the Matrixyl family of peptides, Matrixyl Synthe ‘6 works to naturally smooth the skin & reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate has much better skin penetrability than HA alone. Sodium hyaluronate works to plump up the skin, giving you that youthful, plump look.
- White Tea – This strong antioxidant works to neutralise aging, free radicals and inhibit photoaging.
- Goji Berry – Super-antioxidant berry rich in amino acids, minerals, beta carotene and vitamins C, E, B1, B2 & B6.
- Ceramide – Provides a thin, lipid layer of protection over the skin that aids in moisture retention.
Most skin types especially ageing, damaged skin.
We love how jam packed this serum is with advanced skin-loving ingredients! It goes on like a dream, absorbs instantly and leaves our skin feeling and looking amazing!