The dark moon is invisible to Earth, silent and hidden in shadow, a deep breath taken before each lunar cycle. ‘Dark Moon’ by Triumph & Disaster represents this concept of reflection and recovery and is designed to work with our body’s natural rhythm. A scientifically engineered hydrating cream, Dark Moon utilises Vitamin C, Olive and Horopito to facilitate healthy, vibrant skin; working silently and naturally in the deep hours before dawn.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Engineered to enhance collagen production using multiple sources rich in Vitamin C such as Kakadu plum, Swamp maple, and Rosemary. Vitamin C is for Collagen.
2. Hydration for regeneration. Best used as a night cream, this is a light hydrating phenomenon. Feels effortless on the skin whilst delivering outstanding hydration.
3. Perfect aid for overnight rejuvenation, rich in Swamp Maple and its proven pro-collagen and pro-elastin qualities. Clinical trials show the long-term efficacy of this polyphenolic extract, a wonder ingredient that promotes healthy collagen production
4. Go easy, don’t overload. We believe heavy, thick night creams are counter-productive to the regenerative process. Our role is to facilitate repair, not hinder it by overloading the system with synthetic obstacles that then need to be flushed.
5. Clinically proven – We have investigated and adopted the very latest science combined with our knowledge and philosophy of skin to promote the healthiest skin we can. The science we use is clinically proven, the ingredients traceable and sustainable, the ethos pure and green.
Kakadu Plum, Horopito, Swamp Maple bark
ABOUT THE BRAND
Founded in 2011 by former cricket player and New Zealander, Dion Nash, Triumph & Disaster is a skin and haircare line that combines the best of nature and the best of science to produce naturally derived but scientifically engineered products that work.
The name was inspired by a poem close to Nash’s heart, Rudyard Kipling’s “If”, which contains the line: “if you can meet with Triumph & Disaster and treat those two imposters just the same…” This encapsulates the ethos of the brand – humility, honour, risk and reward. They are the values that moulded a brand capable of reminding us that acts of ritual and preparation are worthy endeavours and that healthy skin is something to aspire to and be proud of.
With a focus on sustainability, integrity and honesty, Triumph & Disaster is picky about its ingredients. They use local indigenous ingredients such as Horopito oil and Ponga fern extract blended with scientifically proven and natural ingredients from around the globe, such as clay from Australia, Jojoba extract from Mexico and Tamanu oil from Polynesia.
The brand aims to respect nature, utilise science, create products of ritual and tools for preparation – so we can treat Triumph & Disaster, those two imposters, just the same.